In the frame of the second “back-to-the-border”-camp from youth without borders and the network welcome to europe a protest took place at August 10th 2014 in front of the detention center in Moria on Lesvos island.
About 80 people, mainly young refugees and migrants, organized a concert by Renovatio, Open Mike and a DJ in front of the so called “first reception center”.
- No More Moria!!!!
- We came here to break the isolation in Moria-prison, hoping that it will be closed soon!
- It was a very good experience, because we made the people inside the prison happy, at least for that moment! (gr kugel klein)
- One of us held a speach in front of the detention center and screamed “Azadi” at the end – all the people inside the prison responded with one very loud “Azadi”! I had tears in my eyes!
- I am very happy that everone came together and united, from inside the detension center and from outside.
- The only thing I could see when I was standing on the wall of the prison was the laughter of the detainees. That made me very happy and it made me believe that even in prison …read more